It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• right side laminectomy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
    bozzie
    (male)

bozzie HB User
    right side laminectomy?

My surgery is scheduled for 3/16! I have symptoms on the left and right side in the arms and shoulders as well as in both hands. My NS wants to do a right side laminectomy from C3-C6 and right side foraminotomies on C5-C6 amd C6-C7. I thought laminectomy was taking the lamina off. How can it be considered right side? Also, does anyone know if this procedure will help the left side as most of my symptoms these days are left-sided. I called to ask and the ns's scheduler sounded annoyed with my question and just said yes it will help without consulting the DR.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
    DonnaKay
    (female)

DonnaKay HB User
    Re: right side laminectomy?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would have been equally as upset with the assistant. It almost sounds like she/he blew you off. I think medical office workers ... anyone who has a repoire (sp?) with the patients needs to be compassionate to others' pain.

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Need Info: Major right Leg Pain - Cause pinched Nerve L5-S1 TAZMZN Back Problems 13 03-23-2011 05:17 AM
    Laminectomy versus Fusion SMike Spinal Cord Disorders 42 05-25-2007 07:40 PM
    laminectomy, pros and cons mookymonkey Back Problems 10 01-17-2007 04:52 AM
    Numb right hand and fingers and Negative EMG... Sahuja12 Multiple Sclerosis 14 08-30-2006 01:18 PM
    Chest Pains Right Arm Pains :cant Bend Forward mthu2189 Spinal Cord Disorders 7 08-29-2006 02:10 AM
    I am getting worse. Pain is now on the right side!!! NewLeaf Back Problems 1 04-26-2005 04:45 AM
    warm numb feeling on right side of body RandyP1964 Back Problems 3 10-23-2004 01:15 PM
    Sciatica left leg, now right calf pain/swollen NYFUSED Spinal Cord Disorders 0 11-23-2003 04:15 PM
    What happens right after Lumbar Fusion surgery LMVLMV Back Problems 23 10-31-2003 11:27 AM