It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• POST ACDF Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
    sampq2003
    (male)

sampq2003 HB User
    Angry POST ACDF Problems

Hello All,

I had ACDF surgery for a C5/C6 disk rupture on January 6th 2005. I have continued pain in my neck that seems to be more nerve related than muscle related. My NeuroSurgeon has been difficult to deal with throughout the process. I have written this board before regarding this surgery. Here is my problem.

I had a follow-up X-Ray yesterday and got to take the CD home for review. I have experience reading X-Ray. The X-Ray reveilled that my C/5-C/6 cervicals have compressed the very small bone graft and the cervicals are now fusing to eachother with no space in between.

My question to all of you is, do you all feel that maintaining space between disks is important and has anybody else experienced such complications?

I am meeting with my neurosurgeon on Friday. He has not yet seen the X-Ray. He has been very uncooperative regarding some of the questions I have and I am struggling to figure out how to communicate this problem to him without his getting defensive and nervous of my intentions.

Thanks in advace for your replies!

Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: POST ACDF Problems

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sampq2003
    Hello All,

I had ACDF surgery for a C5/C6 disk rupture on January 6th 2005. I have continued pain in my neck that seems to be more nerve related than muscle related. My NeuroSurgeon has been difficult to deal with throughout the process. I have written this board before regarding this surgery. Here is my problem.

I had a follow-up X-Ray yesterday and got to take the CD home for review. I have experience reading X-Ray. The X-Ray reveilled that my C/5-C/6 cervicals have compressed the very small bone graft and the cervicals are now fusing to eachother with no space in between.

My question to all of you is, do you all feel that maintaining space between disks is important and has anybody else experienced such complications?

I am meeting with my neurosurgeon on Friday. He has not yet seen the X-Ray. He has been very uncooperative regarding some of the questions I have and I am struggling to figure out how to communicate this problem to him without his getting defensive and nervous of my intentions.

Thanks in advace for your replies!

Sam

Old 03-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: POST ACDF Problems

I guess you have no instrumentation (Plate?) to keep the space. I would worry. Issue I previously discussed with surgeon are things like maintaing space and growing more osteophytes or bone which could compress nerves. I don't think the cervicals fusing is the worry, I think it is not having enough height to maintain the room so the nerve roots or cord don't compress. Talk to dr.

Closed Thread