It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Spinal signal change??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
    coach606
    (male)

coach606 HB User
    Spinal signal change??

Okay, I got a follow up MRI with some new info. Here's what I'm wondering about:

"There is degenerative disk space narrowing at the c5-c6 level with some degenerative signal change in the adjacent vertebral bodies..."

I'm wondering if this means that some of the bones around this area are being pushed, or does it actually mean that there could be some change in the signals being sent down the cord?

I've had some odd symptoms in my leg and right side of the chest lately, but mostly intermittently and probably because I'm paranoid and am looking for them.

NS is taking forever to get back to me. I'm looking into MISS for a herniated disk at 6-7. Want to avoid fusion for now if I can.

Thanks. Get well everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
    purplerain212
    (female)

purplerain212 HB User
    Re: Spinal signal change??

Hi I'm almost certain the signal change indicates dessication(?spelling) which means the disks are showing up blacker than normal, also meaning it's having a loss of water. If you look up dessication it explains it better,my MRI showed that as well.

Closed Thread