It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• tingling in hands on neck movement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
    philr
    (male)

philr HB User
    Unhappy tingling in hands on neck movement

i have been fighting this for a year and a half. i picked up a hevy object at work. the next morning i got out of bed and and it felt like elec. shock when i move my neck up and down. it also hurts and it feels tight when i try to turn it to the right. this is a workmans comp. case. i have continued to work although i dont feel like it. i have had alot of tests.mri with and without contrast.brain scan ,emg,mylegram.and ear test, and other tests i cant think of. i now dont have tingling in just my hands on neck movement makes it worse.i forgot to say my ears started rining the same time and dont stop. my neck stills hurts and my court app. doctor said he cannot find anything wrong and was gong to release me.i am sorry this is long but i am desperate for help. i know there has to be a pinched nerve or some spinal problem. i cannot believe they want to release when i feel worse not better. help me with some ideas i dont know what to do please'''''''''

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
    Ramsfan
    (male)

Ramsfan HB User
    Re: tingling in hands on neck movement

I had the same symtoms in 1995. MRI showed ruptured disks C3 - C5. I had surgery a week later. Although I won't say that I went back to my old self 100%, those symptoms stopped. You may want to get a 2nd opinion. Did you see a Neuro?

Frank

Old 04-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
    philr
    (male)

philr HB User

i have been to two different neurolgist. neither can find anything but is still there

Old 04-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
    earle
    (female)

earle HB User

if you have your mri results, maybe you could post the results here. i had an mri of my neck and it clearly stated bulges at 3/4. 4/5 and 5/6 about the size of 3-4 mm. if your mri says normal, it could be severe muscle spasms pressing on a nerve.

i would be interested in reading your report.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
    Beeyes

Beeyes HB User

I had the same thing. My ulnar nerves were being sqeezed by 2 bad discs....c4/5 and c5/6. I had constant numbness and then electric shocks shooting down my arms every time I looked up, especially if bending forward. i would look at the MRI personally. It was pretty obvious, seeing my spinal cord closed off about 40%.

I had ACDF 10/3/03. I still have occasional burning and slight numbness in my pinkies. Its worse if I irritate the ulnar nerves with too much elbow activity (like golf and weghtlifting). It does seem to slowly be going away. BTW, my neck area around the incision is STILL numb!! I dont think it will ever get back to normal. Hs anyone gotten feeling back around their incision?

Closed Thread