It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• cracking in spine...stiff neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
    hypokelly
    (female)

hypokelly HB User
    cracking in spine...stiff neck

Hello
    I wondered if someone could answer some questions for me.
    I have not felt well for awhile now
    I have been experiencing alot of different symptoms....my doctor has been checking me for everything.
    In my quest, I recall having MANY "stiff" necks'
    On two occasions I recall hearing a "crunching" sound in my spine, between my shoulder blades.......I could not move my neck for a week.Have not gone to the doctor, cause I already think she thinks I'm a hypochondria, also I'm on anti-imflammatories anyway....and I live with an icepack most days.
    What could this be?Could this problem cause joint pain, muscle pain,tremors,fatigue?
    I do alot of heavy lifting in my job.
    I don't know if this matters either but my dad had Syringlomyelia(SP)
    Thanks for letting me vent,
    kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
    Cindee 2
    (female)

Cindee 2 HB User
    Re: cracking in spine...stiff neck

I was wondering if you had a c-spine Mri. I've read a few of your post and it seems you have a lot going on. Hope you get some answers soon.

Cindee

Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
    hypokelly
    (female)

hypokelly HB User

thanks Cindee for replying.
    I have had a MRI, but only of my head, I also have seen a neurologist, as a Ct scan of my head showed a "Prominent bulge", but the MRI showed nothing.But this was quite sometime ago and I was not really relating my neck/back problems with all my symptoms.
    Could a herniated disc cause some of my problems?does a herniated disc correct itself and then reoccur?My collar bone is always sore and some time I don't feel like I can hold up my head any longer(it feels too heavy)I know it sounds crazy, maybe I am(or I'm going)
    Thanks again,
    kelly

Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
    Cindee 2
    (female)

Cindee 2 HB User

I would have a MRI of the cervical spine. I have 2 bulging disc and some but not all of your symptoms. The Neuro I was seeing didn't think they were responsible for all of my symptoms and suggested MS, all tests were negative except on 2-3 mm spot they found. I went to the hospital and had the brain MRI repeated on a closed MRI and it came back negative. Then he said possible Fibro.

After several test and Dr.s I finally ended up at an OSS who is sure it is the disc. The disc have worstened each MRI following. The disc are protruding centrally an presses on my spinal cord. I will be having a ACDF in July.

From what I've read some people are misdiagnosed as Fibro and actually have a cervical problem that is picked up on at a later time.

Cindee

Closed Thread