It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Mri Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
    luvtocamp
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
    Cervical Mri Results

For the more knowledgable people on the board is any of this serious

c3-c4= interspace shows asymmetric spurring to the left involving the end-plate and uncinate process causing asymmetric left neural foraminal narrowing. No herniation is seen.

c4-c5= interspace shows some mild uncinate process spurring, somewhat greater to the right causing asymmetric narrowing of the right foramen

c5-c6= interspace shows some mild disc bulging and bony ridging. There is no disc herniation

c6-c7= shows evidence for asymmetric bony ridging and broad-based disc protrusion the the left intervertebral neural foraminal narrowing and mild canal stenosis narrowing the AP dimesnsion of the canal to 9mm.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
    nsmatch
    (male)

nsmatch HB User
    Re: Cervical Mri Results

NOT TO BE TAKEN AS MEDICAL ADVICE, but:

c3-c4= interspace shows asymmetric spurring to the left involving the end-plate and uncinate process causing asymmetric left neural foraminal narrowing. No herniation is seen.

(small narrowing of where your left C4 nerve comes out, would cause neck/shoulder pain on the left)

c4-c5= interspace shows some mild uncinate process spurring, somewhat greater to the right causing asymmetric narrowing of the right foramen

(small narrowing of the right sided C5 nerve root, which would cause right shoulder pain)

c5-c6= interspace shows some mild disc bulging and bony ridging. There is no disc herniation

(fairly normal finding)

c6-c7= shows evidence for asymmetric bony ridging and broad-based disc protrusion the the left intervertebral neural foraminal narrowing and mild canal stenosis narrowing the AP dimesnsion of the canal to 9mm

(narrowoing of where the left nerve root C7 comes out, which would cause shoulder pain, tricep pain, numbness in the index and middle finger. The second part about canal stenosis means from front to back, the tunnel where your spinal cord lives is 9mm tall. Normal is greater than 12mm tall. Which means your spinal cord is getting a bit "squished".

Your doctor will have to examine you, and along with any symptoms you may have, he/she may decide that surgery is necessary, it looks as is at the C6-C7 level, which would likely be a ACDF, or surgery from the front of the neck. Of course, if you have no symptoms, then you should talk with your doctor about how you would like to monitor your neck.

MRI scans like this are fairly common as everyone grows older. Mine is almost identical to yours, except my disc at c6-7 was hitting the nerve, and required surgery. Good luck.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
    luvtocamp
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

thank-you. I am 51. I have an appoint with my Dr. Fri to discuss the findings. Sure don't want to have to have sx. yet. I thought it sounded worst than it probably really was- all the medical jargon.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:02 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

All that language sure can make even the simplist things sound pretty flippin scarey,huh?marcia

Closed Thread