It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Can AP canal stenosis to 9mm at c6-c7 cause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
    luvtocamp
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
    Can AP canal stenosis to 9mm at c6-c7 cause

leg numbness? I have MS also so I'm not sure if maybe my leg numbness might be from the cervical spine and not the MS. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
    nsmatch
    (male)

nsmatch HB User
    Re: Can AP canal stenosis to 9mm at c6-c7 cause

While it may, it's unlikely. Stenosis of a significant degree is more likely to cause long-tract signs, or things like spasticity in your legs, trouble walking, and if you had pain or numbness, it would likely be in both legs.

Old 06-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
    dootag
    (male)

dootag HB User

Hi Luvtocamp -
    The general rule is that c6/7 and above cause mischief from the shoulders/arms/hands upward. It can also cause trigger points in the scapular region. Since you have MS have you considered an event? My daughter has MS and events are dreaded but it is a reality.

On the lighter side, leg problems are typically lumbar issues. I'm having problems as I type this. Both big toes are somewhat numb. Burning in rt glute, general pain in the quads and across the top of both feet. I know it is either L1 or L5 since they are both trashed and I coming up on a year since the last L5 epidural. I mitigate my problem when it pops up by laying flat, spreading both arms for stability, and raising each leg straight up then flopping it to the opposing side. Sometimes I just let the leg sort of hang there for 30 secs or more. For me that will often give overnight relief. Repeat as necessary. I can tell when it's working because you can feel the brutes snapping and popping.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Dootag.

Last edited by dootag; 06-29-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
    luvtocamp
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

i went to the er and they said it was MS but that I should have a lumbar MRI just in case. The said the findings on the cervical MRI would not cause my total numb leg. Thanks.

Closed Thread