It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Spinal Lithiasis ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User
    Question Spinal Lithiasis ???

Hello Everyone
    I just had yet another cervical mri without contrast. I will type the whole report below, but my question is:
    Does anyone know exactly what Spinal Lithiasis?

Cervical Spine MRI Report:

There is straightening of the cervical lordosis.

There are compression deformity and spinal lithiasis.

At the C4-C5 level again noted is a left paracentral disc bulge which effaces the anterior thecal sac and minimally flattens the ventral cord which is unchanged.

At the C5-C6 there is a left paracentral disc herniation which effaces the anterior thecal sac and mildly flattening the anterolateral aspect of the left portion of the cord which is unchanged and slightly increased. There is associated annular tear at this level.

Again noted at the C6-C7 level is a minimal posterior disc osteophyte complex.

IMPRESSION:
    Again noted is degenerative disc disease most significant at the C5-C6 level where there is a left paracentral disc herniation which effaces the anterior thecal sac and flattens the anterolateral aspect of the ventral cord which is unchanged and slightly increased. There is associated annular tear at this level.
    Thanks for everyone's time.

Jeanne

Last edited by MarianJ; 07-12-2005 at 12:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Spinal Lithiasis ???

I do believe that lithiasis(?) is actually just like bone spurs.it is an accumulation of calculi that bulids up around the vertebraes.not 100% sure but I think that is it.Marcia

Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User
    Re: Spinal Lithiasis ???

Hello Marcia
    Thanks for your reply. I believe that your interpretation is correct. I knew that is had something to do with a pathological formation if mineral concetion in the body as that was all I could find on the internet. Thank you very much!
    Jeanne

Closed Thread