It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• A.C.M. 1 and Syringomyelia.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
    trishaitch
    (female)

trishaitch HB User
    A.C.M. 1 and Syringomyelia.

Hi I'm new to this forum my particular pains are Arnold Chiari 1 and Syringomyelia. Both of these were diagnosed in June 2004, their symptoms are varied and painfull ranging from migraine headaches to sporadic numbness in all four limbs, face, head, tongue, twitching eyes (they have a bobbing appearance) nausea, vomiting, memory loss, imbalance, speach problems, I think you get the picture! I have been experiencing severe problems getting treatment in my home city of Edinburgh,Scotland I have been waiting Nine months for an appointment to see a neurosurgeon.
    Anyone else out there with these illnesses, or, having the same problems with treatments.

Last edited by trishaitch; 07-31-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: delete

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
    kirafaye
    Inactive
    (female)

kirafaye HB User
    Re: A.C.M. 1 and Syringomyelia.

I'm around! I haven't had to wait as long as you though. I had my surgery in janurary after being diagnosed in november. My syrinx ran from c2-t10. You have to be really carefuyl when choosing doctors because very few know what they are on about. I am even seeking out a new neurologist because I am unhappy about what is said. There are many communities out there for us.
    asap.org
    columnofhope.org
    sm-acm.com

I am on all under the same name, there are numerous people there with many different problems relating at sm/acm

Welcome!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/kiram

Closed Thread