It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ear humming

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
    luvtocamp
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
    ear humming

Does anyone with cervical neck problems have ear humming or pain. I've been thinking I have tmj but maybe its my neck which cracks. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
    aodwolfpack
    (male)

aodwolfpack HB User
    Re: ear humming

I do not have neck problems, but I do have ear humming = tinnitus, sp?, I played load music whe I was younger and the doctor told me it ususally starts when you are 40+ years old, medications make it worse, along with smoked foods, salt, wine, beer, and there is more.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User
    Re: ear humming

There is a side effect to medications called "ototoxicity". There are as many as 700+ meds that can cause this (although supposedly rare). Check your meds if you are on them to see if "Tinnitus" is listed on the rare but serious side effects area. Anti-biotics are most known for this. I get ringing in the ears off and on, but for very short periods of time - usually just a few seconds. And for me maybe once or twice per month. I have had this my whole life so for me it's normal and has never escalated. I also have TMJ on the right, but the ear ringing is usually on the left. I've had my hearing checked by an audiologist in the past month and he said it is normal. Ironically my left ear is slightly better than my right.

Closed Thread