It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Three weeks post-op laminectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
    sunshine221
    Veteran
    (female)

sunshine221 HB User
    Three weeks post-op laminectomy

I posted last week that I was getting frustrated with range of motion. Well in the middle of the week I started feeling a lot better.

Someone responded to me last post to make sure I take it easy, I am, I know that I choose the more complicated surgery to recover from versus discotomy.

On Saturday I drove a short distance for a volunteer committment - driving was ok, parking is more difficult - I worked 3.5 days last week, I own my own business (7 employees) so I'll probably work all of this week, just taking one to two rests during the day to lay flat and stretch the neck as needed.

My doctor is pleased with my progress. He gave me some stretching/strenthening exercises for the neck and a referal to PT to check my gait (MUCH improved post surgery, but not perfect).

Overall, reading the other posts, I guess I'm pretty lucky and hopefully the surgery solved my stenosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: Three weeks post-op laminectomy

Hey sunshine, Glad it helped.Im goin for my re-laminectomy fusion surgery in 3 weeks. My old fusion did not heal, so they have to dig all that non-healing bone out and replace it. Plus replace a broken pedical screw and add a spacer in my L5.

Closed Thread