It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 12 weeks post op ACDF 5-6 6-7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2005, 07:51 AM   #1
    Cindee 2
    (female)

Cindee 2 HB User
    12 weeks post op ACDF 5-6 6-7

I had my OSS appointment this week and I am fusing although the lowest level is a little slower than the rest. Plate and screws are in place it really looks good.

I still have some soreness in the trap muscles and the muscles that run down the shoulder blade. Dr. says it will deminish with time and I look really good 12 weeks out. Released to normal activities.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Cindee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #2
    maw maw
    (female)

maw maw HB User
    Re: 12 weeks post op ACDF 5-6 6-7

Cindee,
    Glad to hear you are doing so well.. It gives me hope! How many times did you have to go back to doctor before you were released. I have my first visit on 10/17/05. I have noticed that the left side shoulder around the blade gives me pain (sharp at times) to where I have to roll out of bed or to get off the couch.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
    Cindee 2
    (female)

Cindee 2 HB User

Maw Maw I was released to full activities but am still following up with my OSS. I will see him again in two months and more x-rays.

I had and have the same pain in the right shoulder blade. Although it is much better now. Getting out of bed isn't bad at all now but I still roll out. I had a hard time for the first three weeks and opted to sleep in my recliner, it was easier to get up and down. In the begining it felt like my shoulder was dislocated almost or the muscle was torn.

The OSS told me that the muscle stuff could take 6mos. to a year to resolve. I had problems for almost 2 years before I had surgery. The muscles haven't been used much I guess.

Cindee

Last edited by Cindee 2; 10-14-2005 at 09:13 AM.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User

Allograft? Autograft? BMP? Did they use Dynamic Plating or Static Plating? A single plate or two plates? Do you know what kind of plating - i.e. manufacturer? Did they scrape off any Osteophytes?

Old 10-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
    wimpette
    (female)

wimpette HB User

Cindee,
    Glad to hear you've got the all-clear however you should continue to take it easy. It can take six months to a year to start really feeling back to normal and resume full activity. Are you doing any physical therapy? - in my case that really made a big difference in my recovery, slowed me down and got me into a good exercise routine.

Hope you continue to make steady progress,
    W

Old 10-10-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
    Cindee 2
    (female)

Cindee 2 HB User

I had an allograph with a single plate and six screws. I'm not sure what type of plate other than it was titanium. I had no BMP. I asked my OSS about BMP and he told me it was FDA approved for lumbar but not cervical. Some Dr.s have used it but sometimes it can cause swelling in the throat post surgery. He opts not to use it. For lumbar it proves quite successful though.

Even though I have been released to full activities I do continue to take it slow. If I push it I definately can tell it. I am not in therapy. I do have streches that I do for ROM and was told with normal activity it will improve on its own, which it has.

Cindee

Closed Thread