It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Headaches And Loss Of Mobility In Left Arm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User
    Question Headaches And Loss Of Mobility In Left Arm

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems or similar to what I am going thru? I will give you a brief history and then tell you what is going on right now. For years I have suffered from Migraines and numbness in my arm and neck region, along with the tingling and loss of mobility. On August 4, 2004 I had an ACDF with own Bone Graft, Titanium Plating and 5 Screws. Was doing well for a month or two then when I laid down I was going numb again, but I had no headaches and no other pain. Then on June 9, 2005 had a Spinal Cord Stuimulator put in. This has helped tremendously. My pain level went from a 7 to a 1 or 2. Recently I have noticed that I have been getting my headaches back again, but not as bad as they used to be, but they are hanging around for awhile. also i notice when I lay down my left arm/shoulder locks up and has pain in it. I am beginining to think i might have a Rotator Cuff problem. But I am no Doctor. It also Pops when I move it in certain positions. If any can help or suggest something I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 03:27 AM   #2
    zoey1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zoey1 HB User
    Re: Headaches And Loss Of Mobility In Left Arm

I was thinking about how you were doing you had the surgery a month after i did when i had c6 and c7 fused;

I'm a little over a year and 3 months out, i still have problems daily and still on regular doses of pain meds.

I noticed over the weekend the nubmness and new areas of spams too.
    Facail ones that make it difficult to chew, swallow.

I wonder if you ever got to a rhumatologist? Got a artithus work up?
    What is so weird about numbness it can be attributed to Thryioditus, diabetes (nerve damage) as well pinched nerves in general.....
    So in answer to your question yep numbness is back for me not sure of root cause yet, seeing an endrocrinologist on 25th......
    When so many things are off it is just hard at times figuring out root causes.
    Stay on top of pain management and i hope you get answers soon glad to see you post again and a familar name soft hugals
    d

Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User

The first Surgery went well and most of the symptoms did go away, but then new ones came about. The numbing of the arms and neck region when I laid down and some other things. My headaches went away also. I put up with the new problem for about 10 months before having a second surgery done. Which was the Spinal Cord Stimulator. Since that was put in i have been doing a whole bunch better, but then recently I started with the headaches and my shoulder arm all have been acting up. i am unsure of what is causing this. In a way I am not sure I want to. I don't think I could handle more surgery. For now I deal with it one day at a time. I am afraid to say anything, they may think that I enjoy getting put under, or that this is in my mind. I know what I am going thru and I won't stand for it it to much longer if the annoyance gets worse.
    Any input would be great from everyone.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that this is moving in the wrong direction (again).

I know this seems like an obvious question, but have you talked to your docs about this?

It sounds like you have your own suspicions about what's going on, so I guess I would just go and talk it over with your docs.

I can understand your reluctance about more surgery, but if you do have a rotator cuff problem, it might explain things...

Dennis

Closed Thread