It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Hip problem after ACDF

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
    mandy powers
    (female)

mandy powers HB User
    Question Hip problem after ACDF

Has anyone had a problem after an ACDF ?
    It has been 6 months since my op and the neck is good, only problem is i can't walk without a stick!
    I am in alot of pain constantly and my ns had an mri done of my hip, he said he can't see any problem and thinks it is a different problem not related to the bone graft!
    Any advice would be most helpfull

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Hip problem after ACDF

Unfortunetly,this is really common if they use your own bone for the graft and one of the biggest reasons that i went with donor bone.my husband went thru what you are going thru right now for many many weeks and actually had to use a cane just to get around.after watching him suffer with that for that long length of time,there was no way that I was going to do that.but on the downside,my fusion never took and i required yet another surgery for hardware placement,so,who knows which really would have been the beat way to go,you know?
    does this pain in your hip feel the same as the pain you had(in the same area?) as your post op hip pain?I have a friend who ended up with some major problems at the graft area with alot of pain issues.He ended up going thru another surgery,but unfortunetly,i don't know just exactly what the problem was and he has since moved so I cannot even ask him for you.i know for certain though that his problem WAS indeed because of the bone graft area.have you sought out a second opinion with another ortho?I think this would definitely be your next step.i am sorry i don't have the answers for you.hopefully someone will come along with better info for you.obviously,something IS wrong so you need to keep pushing things with your docs until you can actually find the cause.good luck and please keep me posted.Marcia

Closed Thread