It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Fell Down And Slipped

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2005, 06:34 AM   #1
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User
    Fell Down And Slipped

Ok here is one for the stupid lists......
    The other morning I was walking out the house and fell (tripped) down a brick step tried to get back up and fell down on the ground. Felt like I twisted my right ankle ( also the Hip that I had the Graph from ), Banged left knee (had 4 surgeries) think I pulled muscle in the knees cap area, also Think I landed on my behind possibly jarring the SCS. My middle of my back hurts and my neck is stiff. I am sort of waiting it out right now to see what is going on with the rest of my body. I think though I did do something witht the SCS it doesn't feel right. it is woking because I have been using iit everyday since I fell. I am such a dumb dumb. the NS gave me skalaxin (SP) for my back but not sure if it is working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User
    Re: Fell Down And Slipped

Found out from my Tech from Medtronics that if I am still having problems ( Buzzing in the Buttocks and Pain in that area) I may need to go back in and have the unit cleaned up and moved. He says that the reason I am having vibrations down aound the unit is b/c the leads may have gotten wet or something of that nature and also that it has moved form the pocket it was sitting in. They have to reopen and clean the leads off and make the pocket bigger. I am hoping if that is the case it will be a one day thing and a one or two day recovery.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User

Ok I go tomorrow (Tuesday) to see the NS and the Medtronics Tech, to discuss what is going on with me. I am quite anxious and nervous. The thing I fear is that the NS will tell me he has to go in, that in itself is a good thing and a bad thing. I want it to be right but I don't want to have to keep doing this if I slip and fall. Maybe it is just a fluke that this happened. I don't know. All I know is that when the SCS is on I have vibrations at the Battery/Wire site when I should not have this. I am hoping it is a simple fix but I will find out tomorrow and let you all know how I made out.
    Susan

Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
    CHETNSUE
    (female)

CHETNSUE HB User

Update:
    Doc said I popped the SCS Unit out of its pocket, it will need to be put back in but there is no rush on this. I can go as long as need be until it really bothers me, but I am to go back in a month for check-up on this situation. It still is bothersome but I am dealing with it. Every now and then it is a pain around a 5 on the 10 scale. I will keep everyone advised. Also there is some fluid around the leads but again unless it is really bothersome it is not a threat.

Closed Thread