It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Can back problems cause foot to buzz ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
    bonib
    (female)

bonib HB User
    Can back problems cause foot to buzz ?

Hi everyone,

My right foot buzzes a lot. I was just wondering if this could be caused by a
    disc problem. My history so far is that I have been diagnosed with a herniated c4-5, with mild bulgingat C3-4&C5-6, and moderate bulging at C6-7. I do have a lot of shoulder, neck and arm pain. I also had buzzing sensation down my left arm. Which now seems to be better after Physical Therapy.

Now I am beginning to wonder if I might have problem in lower back. My lower back on the left side will hurt down my buttocks, back of legs to the heel of my foot. I have had this for quite a few years periodically. Lately I have been having a strange buzzing sensation in my right foot at the ball of foot and midway through the arch of foot. I have also been having pain accross lower back on both sides.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, it is so hard to try and describe. Is it possible for back problems to cause this strange buzzing? Thanks in advance to anyone for any advice. Take care! Bonnie

Last edited by bonib; 11-12-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Can back problems cause foot to buzz ?

Just let me say this.until I ended up with a ton of various direct injuries to my spinal cord two years ago,i had absolutely no clue what so ever to just how many totally bizarre and godawful pains and sensations the human body was capable of creating.honestly,anything is indeed possible when you have some sort of direct injury or nerve affectation to your spinal column or cord.your foot buzzing(which,by the way,i know exactly what you are referring to)is very likely stemming from something amiss in your spinal column,most likely the low back issues you described.but you can also have problems in the legs and feet from damage way up into your c spine area.That is where all of my leg issues are actually coming from.if you not done so already,having a lumbar MRI would most likely show the culprit.Marcia

Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
    bonib
    (female)

bonib HB User

Marcia,
    Thank you so much for your response. You are the first person to say that you know what I am talking about regarding the buzzing. I was beginning to think I am crazy. I will definitely discuss the lumbar mri with my Dr. Thanks for the advice. Take care and I hope your pain level is not to high at this time. Bonnie

Old 12-10-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
    rob_zzz
    (male)

rob_zzz HB User

cervical can definitely cause buzzing in the feet - I get it as well - I've got no lower back problems only cervical problems.

Closed Thread