It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Exper. mild chest pain/burping ACDF post-op???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
    JackieH
    (female)

JackieH HB User
    Question Exper. mild chest pain/burping ACDF post-op???

Hi All,

I was hoping this would go away with the difficulty swallowing but seems to really be hanging on 3+ weeks after my dbl. acdf.

Did anyone else experience this?????

I have a pretty constant need to burp but it seems like the air bubble gets stuck an inch or so below my neck in my esophogas. Doc gave me acid reflux pills but I don't want anymore PILLS. (On 26 a day as it is.)
    Besides, acid reflux or, Gerd is when you have heart burn & stomach acid rising into the esoph. All I have is air bubbles that cause chest pain. I press on that area to help release the air.
    I can also feel the pain there when I swallow. It's a very mild pain/pressure thing...very annoying.

I'm wondering if the surgery messed with my esoph.too much & am hoping it's still just "temporary."
    Would love to hear your stories.

Thanks,
    Jackie H

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #2
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User
    Re: Exper. mild chest pain/burping ACDF post-op???

Hi Jackie,

I had problems with acid reflux right after the surgery and it lasted a few days, maybe a week. I took the pills. They are just H-Blockers like Prilosex, so they are not a problem. I would just take them for a while...

Dennis

Closed Thread