It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Mri Of Cervical Spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 AM   #1
    dumbo
    (female)

dumbo HB User
    Mri Of Cervical Spine

Hello everyone , I recently had am MRO of the cervical spine due to an operation I had of the ulner transposition last march. The pain in shoulder and arm is painful, and not getting better. I have an appointment in a month with neurosurgeon to go over MRI, I am just hoping someone can translate it for me.
    TECHNIQUE; Sagittal FSE T1/T2 and axial spin echo T1/field echoT2 images of cervical spine FINDINGS: The C3/4 level demonstrates minute posterior central to right paracentral disk protrusioncausing partial effacementof anterior of CSF space. No spinal cord deformation or significant laterial stenosis. Small posterior C4/5 and 5/6 disk annular tears, without any disk protrusion or extrusion. There is no significant central or lateral stenosis at these two sites. Minor posterior bulging of C6/7 disk annulus, causing slight indentation of the anterior aspect of the thecal sac. There is no spinal cord deformation or significant stenosis. The C7/T1 demonstrates no stenosis. Spinal cord appears normal from cervical medullary junction that occurs above the forearm magnum down to the level of T3 vertebral body.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanl you so much dumbo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
    radiobill
    (male)

radiobill HB User
    Re: Mri Of Cervical Spine

Hi there. I can give you a layman's translation...

You have a small disk bulge between C3-4 that is touching against the sac with cerebal spinal fluid (CSF) that covers your spinal cord. It doesn't seem to be touching or deforming the cord itself or causing any narrowing (stenosis) on either side where the nerve roots exit. You have small tears of the annulus (rings) around the discs at C4-5 and C5-6, but there's no disc protruding at those areas. No stenosis on the sides or in the spinal canal there, either. A bit of a bulge at C6-7 of the annulus (ring) of that disc, with some pushing against the front part of the CSF sack. No cord deformation or significant narrowing. Everything else looks good and proper.

Taken as a whole, not a terrible report. I hope this helps!

Old 03-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User

Another way to say it "I wish my MRI looked like yours".

You should be fine with non-evasive treatment (no surgery).

Dennis

Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
    dumbo
    (female)

dumbo HB User

Tank you so much for the information. Yes it did help, made all of it alot clearer, and understandable.

As for you Dennis, I sure hope all turns out well for you, sorry to hear that yours is so messed up, best of luck to you, and thank you again for the info, Radio bill, also for being so quick to respond, very nice of you.

Dumbo

Closed Thread