It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Nerve issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
    Lutheran122
    Inactive
    (male)

Lutheran122 HB User
    Nerve issues

I am getting a MRI of my cspine next week as my neurologist suspects some nerve issues that have been giving me deep tingling pain all throughout my head starting from the back of my skull. I also get some facial numbness and a lot of twitching around my eyes. What could be causing this and can it be fixed if they see a nerve problem with the MRI? I can't live like this , I can't concentrate on anything at all and I feel like I am gonna die from this.

PS

They also found an arachnoid posterior fossa cyst when they gave me a ct of my brain , could this be causing my problems? The doctor said its benign and not at all giving me any issues although he didn't see the films just the report. Everything else about the CT was unremarkable.

Last edited by Lutheran122; 03-18-2006 at 04:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
    ThoreauFan
    (male)

ThoreauFan HB User
    Re: Nerve issues

Dunno what to make of it.

The areas you mention (face), I believe, are controlled by the cranial nerves.

I don't know how the C-spine would be involved, but I'm just another patient.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:24 AM   #3
    Lutheran122
    Inactive
    (male)

Lutheran122 HB User

Yes but don't the cranial nerves loop down into the neck? My life is hell right now so I hope something can be done.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
    ThoreauFan
    (male)

ThoreauFan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lutheran122
    Yes but don't the cranial nerves loop down into the neck? My life is hell right now so I hope something can be done.
    Keep in mind, I'm just another patient like you. Each of us is different.

Often, tests my Dr.s ordered were used to rule out certain conditions. I frequently, at the time, had no idea what a Dr. was doing or looking for during clinical exams. Eventually, it lead down a path to diagnosis.

It's very, very hard, but try to stay positive.

The mental part can sometimes be tougher than any physical ills. I know those words may ring hollow right now because not having an answer, for me, anyway, was the worst thing to bear.

Keep us updated on your progress, and I hope you find relief soon.

Closed Thread