It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• muscle spasms in mid to lower spinal area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
    cals
    (female)

cals HB User
    muscle spasms in mid to lower spinal area

Hello everyone. I thought this was a good forum to ask this. I have been having this weird feeling in my back for about a year now. It feels like a wave up my spine. Went to the doc and she said I have a cyst on my spine. Just from feeling a bump on my lower back. She said it was nothing and the feeling i'm having is muscle spasms. No MRI or nothing. My question is this...what causes muscle spasms right over your spinal area? They have been getting pretty bad lately. If I sit back in a chair it feels like a tennis ball is between my back and the chair and muslce spasms start.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
    cornburner
    (male)

cornburner HB User
    Re: muscle spasms in mid to lower spinal area

I fell 12 feet to a cement floor landing on my tailbone. That was 3 yrs ago, for the last yr and 1/2 I get massive spasms in the center of my back. Drugs-therapy-shots-I've tried whatever they wanted me to try. I got a recomendation at the U of MN, along with steroid shots and drugs, to try myofacial therapy. You back becomes a mass of tight muscles that contract. I been going to him for 9 months and were are getting life bearable. Look in the yellow pages under fisical therapy and find myofacial---its helping me.

Closed Thread