It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• test for syringomyelia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
    ventcrew
    (female)

ventcrew HB User
    Unhappy test for syringomyelia

Someone please help, i am scared to death. My doctor wants me to be tested for syringomyelia. I have burning pain that starts at the base of my neck and goes up my head to forehead, down my shoulders into arms and chest. I have a pounding heart beat in my head and stiff neck and shoulders. He wants me to get an mri but I have a plate and 8 screws in my ankle. Can I still get an mri since it is my head and neck area. What is the prognosis for syringomyelia. If I have it and they operate will the burning pain go away. It is real bad at night cause i am laying down but durning the day it is tolerable. I do have a sleeping pill to take and when I do that really seems to help, does that make sense? I just don't want to take them everynight cause I will get addicted to them. Any advice for the burning pain. Some one please respond. Many thanks,

ventcrew

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: test for syringomyelia

Yes, you can easily have an MRI. I have a plate and 4 screws in my lower back and just had a cervical MRI last week. New techniques and new machinery have made it possible to have an MRI even when you have implants or hardware. Just be sure to let the technician know where and how much you have (they adjust the machine based on the information). I have no idea what syringomyelia is, but you may find someone here who will respond or there have got to be tons of resources on the internet.

Closed Thread