It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

where pain is now

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
texascritter
(male)

texascritter HB User
where pain is now

After the nerve block my pain has returned to the same areas as before only worse. Pain in C5-6, both sides running down both shoulders and into upper arms. I have pain lower but don't know what C section that is. C8-T1 is really hurting. After all the medication I took I should still be asleep but here I sit at 12:30 am and am hurting to much to stay asleep. My wife would massage the area which helps but I can't bring myself to wake her up. This has got to be getting old to her. I still have hopes the medicine will help but I must admit I was'nt prepared for the return of pain so soon. I guess I misunderstood how these things work. At the monent I'm hurting worse than before I had the shot. But I guess I have to be patient and give the medicine time to work. Anyway this should answer the one post question asking where the pain is. I should update you all on my medicatiom discussion with the guy who did the nerve block. First off come to find out he does'nt actually handle pain management as his broceure says. He refures to other doctors for this. I guess he has done this in my case but I hav'nt talked to the guy he refured me to yet. This should make my w/c guy happy. This will be about the 10th doctor to have their hand in my case. Whats so bad is other than the nerve block no one has actually done anything for me after 9 months of dealing with this. They just keep passing it on to someone else. I'm so tired of it. Just fix it is my idea and let's get on with my life. He absolutly refused to prescribe the oxycottin. Says it's misused. I have a prescription already at the pharmacy and friday is payday. It's expensive but It's worth it. Something else will just not get paid this time. I see this heading to a laywer but I hate getting one involved. Then your checks go to them and you have to hunt them down to have any money to live on. Thank god my pafily phy knows my case so well. She has no problem prescribing what i need to make the pain bearable. well Ive' taken enough space so I'll get off of here and try to relax my neck. Thanks everyone for your replys. I learn so much from you all and your my strength to get thru this. Texascritter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Kissa
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: where pain is now

You really should be having a lawyer help you out. Not all lawyers are bad nor do all lawyers take all your money etc. I didn't even know that the checks went to them, it's my understanding they do not.

At this point in the game you don't have anyone fighting for you and if you continue this way not much may be done. It's WC's job to get you the minimal amount of help to "fix" you.. in other words it's their desire to not pay if they don't have to. Once you involve a good lawyer who understands the laws and how WC works in your state you stand a better chance at getting the help you deserve.

As far as the oxy, it gets a general bad rap because it is one of the more frequently abused medications. My PM won't prescribe it at all and opts for Morphine or Methadone, each doctor is different in what they prescribe.

I am sorry to hear you are hurting worse. I have found that to be true as well. While I don't know the technical reason my guess is that when they injection the medication it lubricates the joints which in turn allows for easier movement that one may be used to. This in turn seems to cause more pain. Generally it does subside after a few days and I hope that it does in your case!

Barb

Closed Thread