It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

update on myself and my wife

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
texascritter
(male)

texascritter HB User
update on myself and my wife

Hi all !!! I did'nt feel like posting the past few days. I started methadone fri and one of the side effects is being tired. It's too early to tell if it's working or not. It takes 5 days to reach full strength. I have talked to my wife each day and visited her today. She's doing much better. Having panic attacks. Don't know if it's the medicine she's on or just the stress of being in a mental institution. She's on depacote or something like that spelling.
It's not what I want, but I'm being forced to press for w/c to settle my case before my neck is fixed. The only thing left to do is have surgery, but at this point they don't even know what is causing the problems and my pain. I don't feel comfortable just letting them cut on me unless they know what they are looking for and where to look. Financially I can't keep doing this on what they pay me. I'm 2 1/2 months behind on my lot payment, Our landlord also pays our electrict and gas and includes it on our monthly bill. I'm going to lose our home if I don't do something soon. At this time I have the option of having my doctor rate my imparement without doing anything else for my condition. They can't force you to have anything done that involves a invasive procedure. It's just not right. I'm going to e-mail my adjuster tonight and tell him how serious this is and I can't afford to lose my home and ask for an advance. If he does'nt give me one to catch me up then I'll go over his head and ask someone with more authority. If that does'nt work I'll have to put my home up for sale and hope I don't lose the money I've already invested in it. I may have to rely on pain meds for the pain, for the rest of my life. I'm asking for enough so I can choose to have the surgery at another time once I get caught up on my bills. It's so frustrating!!!! Anyway just wanted you all to know I'm still alive and kicking and the wife is doing better. Thanks TEXASCRITTER

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
lonestargurl
(female)

lonestargurl HB User
Re: update on myself and my wife

Good to hear things are going well.
Is your wife the only family you have? Do you have someone else you can stay with until you catch up on your bills? Maybe moving to somewhere else where there are a different variety of doctors to choose from might be an option. I think you need to look deeper, there has to be someone out there who knows what is going on with your neck. It can't be good on your system to take so many pain medications every day. W/c is a hard thing to work with, at least it is here in Texas, they are all stubborn-headed, so good luck.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
texascritter
(male)

texascritter HB User

I do have other family but they try to run my life and I have very little contact with them. I'm waiting on w/c to get back to me on an advance. If they coperate I'll be okey. I'm trying to remember where lonestar is. I was born and raised in Orange tx. Next to beaumont if your not familure with s. e. texas.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
lonestargurl
(female)

lonestargurl HB User

Do you and your wife have any children that could help you out? I don't like begging my children but they are there if and when I need them! Maybe a consideration of staying w/ them if you have children. Don't know your situation. Keep us posted on the W/C thing, hopefully it works out. Yes, I have heard of Orange, I live in Galveston right now, and have some friends out there in Orange! Am heading to the chiro now to see about these headaches, they say it is neck issues, but my insurance doesn't cover the surgery so I am stuck with this right now.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:21 AM   #5
texascritter
(male)

texascritter HB User

I have one child from a previous marrage but she lives in Kansas and we live in Montana. I talked to my landlord and explained in detail what was going on and he seems willing to work with us, so I think that will give us time to get caught up. I really like Galveston. The hospital there is one of the best. In fact I will probally end up having my surgery there. I really miss the fresh seafood down there. People in montana don't know what real seadfood is. There jumbo shrimp up here are mediums there. TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
lonestargurl
(female)

lonestargurl HB User

Is there anything she can do for you? That is quite a distance between you though. Glad your landlord is willing to work with you, that makes life easier, a whole lot easier! How is your pain? Are you still in as much or is this new medicine working better? ANd the wife? How is she?

Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
texascritter
(male)

texascritter HB User

The pain is a little better. The biggest problem is the med really is upsetting my stomach. Not to the point of throwing up, but just short of it. I sleep all the time, which is not all bad right now. Don't know your sick if your asleep. I'm hoping it gets better over time. The wife is doing better each day. She wants to come home and is going to ask them if they will let her today. She proball has a 50/50 chance. How's your headache? Better I hope.Not alot going on here. Just passing time. TEXASCRITTER

Closed Thread