It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Anyone who does or has suffered the L'hermitte's Sign?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
    humantunigfork
    (male)

humantunigfork HB User
    Anyone who does or has suffered the L'hermitte's Sign?

This shocking that emanates through my hands and occassionally up and down my spine is the most troubling of my symptoms along with my left hand numbness 2 mos. after ACDF w/hardware (C5-C6)...It is not as bad as before my surgery but dang if doesn't bite when one leans the head forward...I am interested in other folks experience with this symptom of cervical myelopathy and cord signal change...Those that have had it...Does it go away? Will it always be an issue...Is there anything to remedy it aside from not leaning forward?...For me some days it is better than others...and seems worse the more sudden my movement...Little did I know a herniated disc would render so many weird and debilitating symptoms...the hyperflexivity...the numbness...the muscle atrophy...the wobbly gait...not to mention this dang L'hermitte's sign...this shocking feeling of current running up and down my spine before my surgery is what led me to choose the moniker..The HumanTuningFork

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
    greeneyed girl
    (female)

greeneyed girl HB User
    Wink Re: Anyone who does or has suffered the L'hermitte's Sign?

Hi I had the same surgery back in 1998 and I rem. very well the electric shocks that when I bent my head down, and the chest pains. It does get better but seems like a long time when it is driving you nuts. hang in there.

Closed Thread