It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

need help understanding mri of cervical spine

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
sanking111

sanking111 HB User
Question need help understanding mri of cervical spine

Hi,... I finally did get a copy of the Cervical MRI. However, Im still trying to figure out exactly what it means...He just dident explain to well, though he tried. He did tell me this MRI was basically the same as my recent lumbar, with a few acceptions.
If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it. ...All I do know is Im not getting any better nor is the pain. And the Chiro/Neuro thinks that giving more time may improve it..Im doughting it, as Its been getting worse 3 yrs. now, and he even told me I have the spine of a much older person. Anyways, here is what The MRI report states.

c3-4 small right paracentral uncinate spur which does compress the cord or significantly narrow right exit foramen.

c5-6 Disk degeneration and space narrowing w/ posterior bar causing mild central stenosis. AP sac dimention is just under 10mm in midline. There is right sided c5 bony foraminal narrowing.

c6-7Disc desiccation w/ reactive end plate change and minimal generized bulge.

c7-T1 Unremarkable with the exception of Perineural Cyst Peripherally along the right C8 root.

(Mid cervical spondylosis w/ Mild central Stenosis and Bony right C6 foraminal Stenosis.)
.........................Would appreciate a clearer understanding so much!!!)
Thankyou Much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread