It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

ANNOYING doc and MRI results!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Sahuja12
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User
ANNOYING doc and MRI results!

How long did it take for your doc to call with your MRI results? I had mine done on Sat and the doc's secretary said that even if they are abnormal he wont go over them until my next appt which is next week, so now I have to wait! ARGH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Kissa
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: ANNOYING doc and MRI results!

Doctors do not always call you for many reasons. One is their busy schedule, if they took time to call everyone they may not have time to see all their patients. Also, if there' a problem and they want to discuss surgery they prefer to not talk about it on the phone, doing it in person is a much better idea that way he can also show you your MRI at the same time and explain things better.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
SpineAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

First the MRI is taken, then the radiologist reviews it and his/her report written up, then the MRI films and radiologist report is then reviewed by the neurosurgeon or othopedic spine surgeon (depending on what your doc is, mine was an OSS). So, unless an MRI is an emergency it is common for you to get the results in 5-7 working days.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
puparoo
(female)

puparoo HB User

Agree with everyone else. The only time I got an immediate call was when they found all of the really bad damage and cord compression in my neck. That was the day afterward. And my doc didn't even call, it was her assistant and they referred me to neurosurgeons and pain mgmt. I didn't even get to discuss with my doc for antoher two weeks! So consider yourself lucky. I walked around clueless with my results for a while. My other scans, even with abnormalities had to wait at least one week until I heard back.

If you are very impatient like me, call your doc's nurse and ask to discuss the results. Sometimes the docs have a trusted PA or Nurse Practitioner who can give you the results on the phone. I think you'll be okay with the numbness - if you are really concerned, call your doc again and tell them your concerns - they may be able to fit you in early.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Closed Thread