It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Foraminal Stenosis C3-C4 Fusion C6-C7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
    carle
    (female)

carle HB User
    Question Foraminal Stenosis C3-C4 Fusion C6-C7

Hi!!! I have several problems with my cervical spine. About 2 1/2 yrs ago I had a Partial Discectomy/laminectomy of C6-C7. Unfortunately, the laminectomy made my spine unstable and when I hit my head hard, the two vertebrae collapsed on each other and are now rubbing together, the disc was shot and resulted with 6mm disc material compressing the spinal column. I am scheduled for Discectomy/Fusion with plating on Weds 9/20/06 for C6-C7. I have another problem however. In a recent MRI it states: At C3-C4 there is right posterolateral and foraminal spur formation with associated disc protrusion. Moderate to marked right foraminal narrowing is seen without canal or left foraminal stenosis. Does anyone know what this is - and have any advice on the foraminal narrowing at C3-C4? I don't think it is as severe as the problem I have now with C6-C7 but how concerned should I be? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
    jcjwillis
    (female)

jcjwillis HB User
    Re: Foraminal Stenosis C3-C4 Fusion C6-C7

Is the foraminal narrowing causing you any nerve problems? Do you have pain or tingling or numbness? I think you are right about this being of less concern than your c6-c7 probem. Hope everything goes well with your surgery! If you still are having problems after you have recovered from surgery you might consider having an EMG study to see if any nerves are being pinched by the narrow foramin.You might want to talk with your doctor to see if he thinks that anything needs to be done surgically to see if it could all be done at the same time.
    Hope you are soon feeling better!
    Let us know how it goes and what doctor says!

Old 09-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
    knwlt28
    (male)

knwlt28 HB User
    Re: Foraminal Stenosis C3-C4 Fusion C6-C7

i am fussed from c2 to c5 an c6 to c7 your trouble will be age at 28 i was ok now at 48 i suffer with severe pain i am telling you this cause i have been there and want you to enjoy life now while your still young

Closed Thread