It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• EMG, NCV and Epidural Steroid Injections Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
    puparoo
    (female)

puparoo HB User
    EMG, NCV and Epidural Steroid Injections Update

Hi all,

I hope you're well. I am just posting this stuff in case anyone (newbies) or (oldies) have questions about any of these procedures:

1. I had my NCV: It was not so bad. Electrical like shocks went on in both arms and in my neck for about 30 minutes. I had a great PRN doing this for me and prepared me for the worst ones.

2. The NCV was normal. So the doctor came in and performed the EMG. This involved sticking needles into my musscles on my arms. This left marks and hurt a bit. Not too bad though... I went back to work afterword and took a couple advil. This came back normal as well.

3. I had my facet joint steroid injections two weeks ago. These were horrific compared to the Epidural steroid injections. The facet injections hurt quite a bit and I really didn't get any relief from them. Although I didn't get any bad side effects from them.

4. Today, early this morning I had epidural steroid injections in my cervical area. I feel fine except I notice that when I turn my head to the right that I feel a shock like pain down my right arm that I did not have before the injections. I'm hoping this is due to the initial inflammation from the injections. And I hope that this doesn't get worse. I have a slight headache, but I always do, so this is nothing new. I am scheduled for another series of injections in 3 weeks. They were a breeze. I had light sedation and it took about 3 minutes. It was fast. I really like my doc, Dr. Vera at Baylor, Grapevine, Tx. I would highly recommend him and his staff. It took me a few different pain mgmt docs to find the right one.

So, that is my story. I still have some twitching and pain in my left arm, but they ruled out ALS and MS -- so the scary stuff is ruled out. Everyone is pretty sure that this is all related to my cervical stenosis, herniations, compression, etc. (As am I), but I cannot help being paranoid also.

Hope everyone is well. Cheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User
    Re: EMG, NCV and Epidural Steroid Injections Update

Cheryl,

I hated the cervical injections. The needle bugged me.

They did help with the pain for a while (about a month).

Dennis

Closed Thread