It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical/Thoracic Degenerative Disk Disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
    RatGirl

RatGirl HB User
    Question Cervical/Thoracic Degenerative Disk Disease

I have just recently been diagnosed with degenerative disk disease and arthritis resulting from the 5 known herniated and bulgy disks (some may not have shown up on the MRI since the lower back wasn't included). I'm only 34 and I'm pretty much in constant, debilitating pain, which is particularly frustrating since dog training is my job and one I love dearly. I would really appreciate hearing any suggestions/experiences others may have had with this disease. So far, I've tried injections, special exercises, yoga/pilates, accupuncture, massage, and more but so far, little helps besides the pain meds (though I keep up the exercises since whether they feel like they help or not, they're healthy.) I'm planning to try accupuncture and massage again, and possibly more injections. I now use a cane a lot and the other day had my first time in a wheelchair (to be fair, it was a LOT of walking before I had to resort to that.) I'm trying to adjust, but I get depressed despite trying so hard not to let myself mope around feeling sorry for myself. Thanks to anyone who might be able to offer advice or just a little support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
    puparoo
    (female)

puparoo HB User
    Re: Cervical/Thoracic Degenerative Disk Disease

Rat Girl, i'm sorry for all of your pain at this point.

If you have degenerative disease to the point of debilatation, has your neurologist or neurosurgeon considered surgery? I don't know alot of Thoracic DDD, but I do know I have some of that myself. I do have herniated cervical discs 3,4,5,6 and they think 7 now and T1. And some lumbar bulging issues. Are your lumbar discs okay? Sometimes the leg issues can be attributed to that --

What is your treatment plan from a neurological or surgical standpoint at this moment? I havne't tried much complementary/alternative methods. I don't know how much that would help the arthritis or stenosis...

Let us know. Cheryl

Closed Thread