It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Inversion table after three back surgeries and two neck surgeries

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User
    Inversion table after three back surgeries and two neck surgeries

Does anyone use inversion table/therapy after they have had fusion surgeries? I have had double fusion surgery in back and neck. I have lived with massive head/neck pain since the fusion surgery in the neck seven years ago. I have many more disk buldging and dehydrating, etc...I'm a mess. So much electrical pain and paralysis and numbness and tingleness..can't find anyone who has or is using one of these tables after fusion surgery to help the other disk that are now popping out. Anyone with any info?

Anyone suffer with massive headaches after double fusion surgery in neck?

Anyone think those Tempurpedic beds are any good? Cost so much. Wonder if they are worth the price.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
    webdude
    (male)

webdude HB User
    Re: Inversion table after three back surgeries and two neck surgeries

Hi.. sorry to hear about your pain... I did not like Tempurpedic bed, but thats just me... lots of people swear by them... The problem with me is that I cant stay in one position, and move around and since you sink in and get molded into it (like a fossil) it makes moving around more difficult. Most places have a 30 day guarantee, and you can return it if it doesnt work for you.. You may also consider one of those "sleep number" mattresses... You can increase or decrease the amount of firmness and can have each half setup differently, so that your spouse can set it the way they like, etc..

Many people benefit from inversion tables.. But once again, you need to try it, but whatever you do, dont go crazy right away.. start with a slight angle for a few minutes, and slowly increase as your body permits.

Try taking Glucosamine with Condroitin and MSM supplements to help hydration.. Drink lots and lots of water..

God Bless,

Maurizio

Old 10-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
    lwaldorf
    (male)

lwaldorf HB User

Hi, I have a Tempur pedic bed and it is the best bed i have. they even include the pillows as a bonus. i would defiinitely try it. good luck. larry

Old 03-31-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Forgot that I posted that here....I knew I posted here before...but if yer not busy being born your busy dying...busy fightin'...thanks for the advice..actually given prescription for inversion table...of course, State Fund didn't pay for it..new laws..."broken heads, people sleeping in broken beds....feel like everything is broken." Bobbie Dylan.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I have had a Tempur-pedic bed for 2 years. My husband and I LOVE it. I hurt my sacrum when I fell on the ice and when I lie on my left side in a normal bed it hurts alot. On this bed, I dont feel it at all. I also have the pillows, which I cannot live without. Great for my neck problems. My bed is also one of those adjustable ones, which is a Godsend when we watch TV. Also, since having my neck fusion in Jan. I cant sleep completely flat for some reason. So I can have my head elevated slightly. My husband has alot of joint pains and he cant live without this bed either.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
    julyg
    Veteran
    (female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User

I did the inversion table before surgery and it didn't work. Dr said not to try it after surgery.

I purchased a 4" memory foam topper, Purchased it on line and found it for $150 from a major product discounter starts with "o" for king size. Heaven!

It goes right over your mattress. I had gone to see the "real " mattress and honestly the foam topper feels just as good...but you must get the 4".

Old 06-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by julyg View Post
    I did the inversion table before surgery and it didn't work. Dr said not to try it after surgery.

I purchased a 4" memory foam topper, Purchased it on line and found it for $150 from a major product discounter starts with "o" for king size. Heaven!

It goes right over your mattress. I had gone to see the "real " mattress and honestly the foam topper feels just as good...but you must get the 4".

Are you still diggin' the foam topper?

What type of bed do you use.

I still haven't found one yet. Been a long time searching. But longer time fightin' so really not much time actually searching for bed.

I wonder if one had a real hospital bed that one of those toppers would work with that size of bed. Spent 8 days in hospital and I dug their bed because i could sleep without having so much pressure applied to my neck and back.

Need to look into that. But if ya know the answer go ahead a respond.

Aloha......

Closed Thread