It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Help - c6/7 ACDF questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
    quilter58
    (female)

quilter58 HB User
    Question Help - c6/7 ACDF questions

I am new to this board...found it looking for answers...after reading several pages I have some questions ...& hoping a few of you can help.....Several of you talk having C6 / C7 problems that include you legs....my NS said what is going on at my C6/C7 (which is pushing directly on the spinal cord ) he said it has nothing to do with my legs.....what do you think.......AND cadaver vs. own bone.....read several responses to that......did anyone find any info on possible diasease transfer from donor bone......my pain in my arm is only extreme at times.....not all the time.......above though at C5/C6 is a bulging almost to the cord itself....they will take it also.....WHAT TO DO....WAIT OR NOT.......I KNOW I NEED A SECOND OPINION...but this guy is suppose to be the best.....but really didn't give me much info expect "only you know how much pain you can tolorate".......any help out there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
    NYD
    (male)

NYD HB User
    Re: Help - c6/7 ACDF questions

Hey.

I am 2 months post op. 5/6 ACDF own bone. I just got my MRI back from last week and I have very good fusion and have gotten the green light to move on with my life. This was the best thing I have done. I am pain free. I waited way long.

BTW. My hip did not hurt as much as I've heard. I have no hardware (plates and screws) and feel that using my own bone allowed that.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
    quilter58
    (female)

quilter58 HB User
    Talking Re: Help - c6/7 ACDF questions

NYD, thank you so much for taking time to reply.....your response is very helpful......one other question ....do you feel you have any restriction to your range of movement in your neck ? also how did they fuse the bone without a plate or screws........thank you again........

Old 10-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
    NYD
    (male)

NYD HB User
    Re: Help - c6/7 ACDF questions

I have very good motion. While still stiff, it moved better than I expected.

It is my NS opinion that plate and screws are over used. The vertibrea are spread during surgery and the bone inserted. The NS then lets the veritibrea compress and this holds the bone in.

Cheers!

Closed Thread