It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Spondylolisthesis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User
    Cervical Spondylolisthesis

Can Cervical Spondylolisthesis be hard find if its grade 1? In other words, while I know the pain is caused by slipage, can it then in turn move back into its normal possition in such a way that an MRI or CT wouldn't be able to see it? My report from some years ago said that I had "possible Grade 1 Spondylolisthesis of C2 on C3" which was found via an xray. Every scan I've seemed to have had after that time doesn't seem to find its presence, yet I would get pain and some swallowing problems off and on throughout the years. Anybody with this problem or anybody with any insight, please share, I would greatly apprieciate it.

Last edited by PearlDoves; 12-31-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    Re: Cervical Spondylolisthesis

I have had 3 MRIs and only one of mine said that i had "anterolisthesis Grade 1 at C4-5 upon C5-6. I have no idea if that is very different than spondylolisthesis. I know mine is a slippage also. Makes one wonder why it only showed up on 1 MRI. My guess is that it must be a subtle thing. (even though i read that Grade 1 means 25% slippage).

Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User

I wonder if a discogram would help make it more realized.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
    jcjwillis
    (female)

jcjwillis HB User

I have problems with cervical slippage and the only way I got proper diagnosis was by doing flexion and extension x-rays.
    Hope this helps!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
    jcjwillis
    (female)

jcjwillis HB User

I have a cervical slippage problem and the only test that showed it forme was flexion and extension x-rays.
    Hope this helps!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I just had those flexion/extension Xray. They wanted to do them before my surgery. Nobody mentioned anything about anterlisthesis. I need to ask about that before my surgery. My guess is that it must be very minimal right now.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User

Did you find out your surgery date? Let me know if/what he says about the Flex/EXT xrays and slipage and if its something hard to find sometimes, I'd appreiciate it!

Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

Well, I am rescheduled for Jan. 10th. The physician asst. is going to call me and I will ask her the question about the slippage. I told her they didnt have to call me back today because its their first day open since Dec. 20th. and they are very busy. I am sure tomorrow I will hear from them about it, though.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

From my experience a spondylolysthesis can be hard to see on all images. I had lumbar spondylolysthesis years ago and it was defined at grade 3 - however it's likely it had existed at grade 1 or grade 2 and couldn't be seen on prior images.

Ended up with an L4-S1 fusion back in 1993.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User

Skz - Did it come up at all when you talked with him, if so what did he say?

Thanks for sharing everybody, I appreciate everything and if anybody has any other insights as well in regard to spinal slipage, I would loved to hear about it.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

When I saw the surgeon, he answered most of my questions, but then it came up that they had a cancellation and I could do the surgery on Thurs. (and the day I was there was 2 days prior). We had the blizzard so Thurs. ended up getting cancelled. THAT was the one question I didnt get answered with all the rushing around and me signing papers and stuff. As soon as I know I will post it. (IF I ever find out.)

Closed Thread