It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Sleeping problems after ACDF surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2007, 06:02 AM   #16
    deannette1
    (female)

deannette1 HB User
    Re: Sleeping problems after ACDF surgery

Thank you all for the comments to my post. I have tried many of the suggested things. Yesterday, I went out and got a memory foam contour pillow and it worked for like 3 hours (geez). Now, that pillow is tossed in the corner with the rest of my stuff. I finally went back to work Monday for half days and yesterday came home with the worst pain in my neck and back. Did I over do it? I didn't think I did but put a call into my dr. and she suggested I take the rest of the week off. So back to the Vicodin I go! Good news though when I finally got to sleep it was great. Hope this doesnt mean I need the Vicodin for a good night sleep. Good luck all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #17
    more
    (female)

more HB User

I have found after going through many pillows (I think I have more pillows in my house than Seally has in their warehouses) that the memory foam pillows are the best for me. I have also found (as a side sleeper) that I need a pillow that will support my arm - I have used one of the beaded pillows - under my upper arm to support it. This supports the arm and cuts down on the tingling in the arm from being pulled forward by gravity.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #18
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I use a Tempur-pedic pillow for the head, and another great little baby pillow to lay my arm over. I sleep on my left side, so my right arm lies over/on it. Its a baby pillow that I bought at Pottery Barn Kids. I just now researched it again and its still online at their site. I cant sleep without it.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #19
    deannette1
    (female)

deannette1 HB User

Thanks I will check it out now.

Closed Thread