It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Severe headaches on the back of the skull...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
    dschus1156
    (female)

dschus1156 HB User
    Severe headaches on the back of the skull...

Hi, I really have gained a wealth of info from everyone. I have suffered horrible pain for the last 15 years of my life. weird excruciating headaches on the back of my skull and at times pain down the arm.( not often with the arm) I have noticed slight numbness in the fingertips and on arm is getting bigger thn the other, though the strength is still good in both. The weird thing is the pain episodes come 4 to 5 times a year,last for 10 to 14 days, and then leave. The days I have the problems I can only lay down to get some relief. Meds do not touch the pain. I am starting to get really depressed about this and need to do something. The doctor thought I had migrains so I was treated for them for 14 years to no avail. Finally, the pain was so bad the doctor took me in for an MRI these were the results:

1. 1.5 mm at the C4-5 with mild effacement
    2.At the C5-6 4.5 mm diffuse central to the left central dis herniation with total effacement of the CSF anterior to the cord with mild impression on the anterior cord. there is moderate to sever narrowing of the C5-C6 disc.
    3. C6-7 leverl ther is a 3.5 mm central to riht entral disc herniation with total effacement of the CSF anterior to the cord, without impression on the anterior cord

Sooooo......After much research I would love to try the laser approach to my problems. I am going to forward my MRI to Reuter and Schiffer to see if they can help. I am VERy nervous...but feel I must do something soon....life if passing me by. I have missed trips, Christmas, graduations, ect ect ect when this happens.

I would love any comments, suggestions, ect. I am one who questions all, am not afraid to confront doctors with any and all questions, and I read, read read about medical options. I think it is important to check all options. I also think listening to others who have gone through these things are the most valuable source of information.

Thanks in advance!
    Please comment!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
    icejohnb
    (male)

icejohnb HB User
    Re: Severe headaches on the back of the skull...

Hello again,
    If you read my initial posts. You will read somewhere, that close to 2 years ago I was ground into the pavement by a negligent driver. I was pedaling my bike.
    The headaches didn't start till about 3 months later. I described them as a little man with a 5/8" drill. Drilling into the base of my skull. They lasted for up to 30 hours. Basically, I would soak my head in a cooler of ice water. That would shorten the duration. Unless I caught the early signs. Then the ice would take care of the headache.
    Post bilevel ACDF Oct. 06 the little man went down to a 3/16" drill for a couple weeks. That was in Nov.06! Since, then I haven't even had a headache. Muscle soreness etc. things related to healing and other damage. No headaches tho! Knock wood!
    Later,
    Ice

Closed Thread