It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 3 Weeks Post ACDF - Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
    poopoopadoop
    (female)

poopoopadoop HB User
    3 Weeks Post ACDF - Update

I thought I'd post my status as I think it is helpful for people to hear how others are doing after surgery. I had my ACDF (c5-6) 3 wks ago. I had to have it due to severe spinal cord compression, signal change, and numbness, clumsiness in my L hand and foot.

The surgery went well - was supposed to be 1.5 hrs and was 3 due to more osteophyte than he expected. I was in the hospital 2 nights.

The first 2 wks were kind of hard at home - just slept a lot, took pain meds, threw up (nausea from the meds), and had some trouble swallowing. After that, I started to feel more like myself - got out a bit. I was only in a soft collar as needed.

Now 3 wks out I am back to work, driving. I am having night sweats and nausea and diarrhea - I think due to an IBS flare up and the meds. The pain I'd say ranges from a 1 to a 7 at worst. Most of the time around a 2-3. I don't have to take a pain pill daily, but sometimes I do. I don't wear the collar.

The numbness/tingling/clumsiness in my hands is slightly improved only. I know it takes time. The presurgical pain I was having is gone. I''d say overall I am doing well. I have not had a post-op Dr. visit. My surgeon does it at 6 wks, so I have 3 wks to go.

Take care,
    Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
    souffoue
    (female)

souffoue HB User
    Re: 3 Weeks Post ACDF - Update

Wow - sounds like you are doing are pretty well! That is great to hear - I hope your recovery continues to go well and that mine goes as well as yours!

Closed Thread