It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• just got results of MRI... narrowing of canal and neural foramen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
    MAgirl38
    (female)

MAgirl38 HB User
    just got results of MRI... narrowing of canal and neural foramen

Hello-
    This is all completely new to me. I went to the doctor for a painful arm and now following an MRI done in late April, I am being referred to a neuro surgeon for a surgery consultation. This is totally unexpected, and a bit scary to me. I am just starting to educate myself on what is happening. Sounds like many of you have experienced similar cervical spine problems.

Here is my report, any suggestions or comments are very welcome:

At c5-6 there is a broad based posterior disc osteophyte complex with superimposed left posterior paracentral disc protrosuion and additonal small bilateral subforaminal disc buldges. There is mass effect with displacement on the left ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord and narrowing of the central canal. Intraforaminal extension of disc results in severe right greater than left foraminal stenosis.

At 6-7, there is a large right posterolateral disc herniation with slight intraforaminal extension resulting in effacement of the right lateral CSF space, with mild distortion and flattening on the right ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord and mild narrowing of the central canal. There is significant narrowing of the right neural foramen.

Like I said this is all very new to me. Thanks very much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread