It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Enlarged Spine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
    ohyaguy
    (male)

ohyaguy HB User
    Enlarged Spine?

Ever since I can remember I've had a large tennis ball sized boney protrusion that causes my neck to tilt. I've never paid it too much attention until recently when I've become more self-conscious about it. Well this has led to obsession over it and I can feel that it appears to be my actual spine. As I feel further down the spine the second column or vertebrae or whatever it is feels big but not quite as big. I think it's a spinal deformity but it's really doing a number on my mental health at the moment, I would at least like to know what it is. The problem is I can't get insurance for at least another 6 months so I can't see a doctor right not. Sorry if this isn't the right board but I'm not sure exactly what this is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Enlarged Spine?

I would think that at the very least,this should be x rayed.this would at least tell you whther or not it is actually some 'part' of your actual spine or something else.i don't realistically see any other real option for you at this point.unless you get some sort of real look at it on the inside,it would be virtually impossible to really tell you what in the heck could be causing that huge of a lump.have you ever had this looked at by a doc at all since it does sound from what you stated that this has been around for a very long time?i would think any doc seeing that would have at least commented on it at some point along the way and wanted to find out what was causing that type of deformity?one way or another,you will just have to either see your doc or find a way to get this x rayed.there is just no way to give you a Dx of this without the benfit of seeing it,in some possible way from the inside,ya know?sorry i couldn't be of more help to you.good luck with this,i hope it isn't anything overly serious.please keep me posted if you can finally get this evaluated,i too would like to know what could be causing that large of lump there.Marcia

Closed Thread