It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• acdf and chronic pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
    pauline100
    (female)

pauline100 HB User
    acdf and chronic pain

just a bit confused and thought you could help!!! Ihad c5/6 acdf c5/6 may 06 have further 3 bulging discs and ddd although was caused by accident...i have now been labelled with chronic pain...but is this correct as when i look up definition of cps it is usually the time it takes to heal ie 3 months and the pain above and longer for the normal. would the 3 further disc and osteophytes I have not cause pain therefore making the definition of chronic pain incorrect. just a bit confused by it all. All I know is that I hurt!!!!like so many others here. You all have my best wishes and thoughts/ I never dreamed I would be asking stuff on a forum and reading other peoples experiences in a million years but its happened and through this board now know I am not the only one going through this whole horrible thing but at least you are here to ask...thank god!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    Re: acdf and chronic pain

I had an ACDF C5-C7 last Jan. Now C4-5 is giving me a world of problems and I still have chronic pain. Its not as bad as it was before the surgery, but it still makes me think about things I need to do and lessen my working. I am starting to accept that I am stuck with this stuff. I thought that after my ACDF that I would be kind of done. Silly me. I guess at age 51, things happen.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
    pauline100
    (female)

pauline100 HB User
    Re: acdf and chronic pain

hi like you i thought after acdf i would be done too!!! this is what we are led to beleive by surgeons that the op will cure up to 80% of pain and give it eight weeks and life will be back to normal. nine months before acdf i had total hysterectomy and ovaries removed then acdf in same hospital...may be this is why i now have pain problems? although i was totally fine after hysterectomy with no problems at all. I got all my meds today from pain dr. neurontin and ibuprofen slow release and co codamol!! i will be rattling..this is 15months after acdf op and finally i feel i might be getting somewhere. This all started when I was 44 now 47...feel my life is on hold and has been for 3 years but i am sure lots of us feel like this.
    Best wishes pauline

Closed Thread