It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• wierd throat achy scratchy pain issue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
    Backinthesaddle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
    wierd throat achy scratchy pain issue

I figure I would ask if anyone other then me has this weird pain and scratchy throat thing. My primary doctor did not even see reddness in my throat but is sending me for chest CT scan to rule out any kind of injury going on. I have asked my surgeon and pain doctor and neither know what it is. I have it worse when I am feeling more nerve pain. It doesn't so much hurt like the neck stuff does but still does ache. My lungs are good and I have no problems with breathing or pain when I breath. I do not have a cold or anything. This has been going on for about a year. I thought it was reflux but antacids do nothing for me. I am starting to worry now. I did read about myofasial pain that people can mistake it for a sore throat. My primary doctor is a DO also and wants to wait for CT scan to send me elsewhere in regards to that. Just wondered if anyone else had any throat type issues.

Thanks me again...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    Re: wierd throat achy scratchy pain issue

Just to share.....I have acid reflux and so does my husband (we are both in our 50s) and rarely does any medicine help, so it might be the acid reflux. Dont rule that out.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
    Backinthesaddle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

I have thought about that too however when i ****** it I do not have the symptoms of it. I just want to know if all is ok then I can just live with it. What does your acid reflux feel like? I feel like someone took sandpaper scratched my esophogus and then I drank salt water.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

My husband and I both have it. Our symptoms are totally different. His is belching (oy), and alot of acid that comes up into his throat, and also bloating. Mine is heartburn and alot of gurgling in my stomach.

Closed Thread