It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Anybody take TRAMADOL (Ultram)?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    Anybody take TRAMADOL (Ultram)?

I was wondering if anyone here takes Tramadol? Do you have side effects and does it help your pain?
    Thanks!
    Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User
    Re: Anybody take TRAMADOL (Ultram)?

It seems like when ever someone asks a question about a drug they were or are on, I have been on it ....lol
    Anyways, this stuff didnot help me at all,.. it upset my stomach and did nothing for my pain. But like I tell everyone,... TRY everything BEFOR having surgery...
    Ya never know....

Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I took a tramadol today (100 mg.) It took the edge off the pain and God it make me feel wired, yet spaced out. It is supposed to be every 4-6 hours. I took it at 9 and it is now 3. I am still VERY spaced out. oyyyy. I just need something that I can take when I get home from my part time job that will help the pain and I dont spend the rest of the night moaning. I would rather do that, that something like Lyrica (I posted a question on that, too) that has to be taken all the time. If I have to be spaced, I guess I would rather pick when i am spaced out!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User

Jeeesh Julyg!!! you described my pain EXACTLY on the left side since my surgery....What to do,... WHAT TO DO??!!??!!??

Old 09-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I have Valium and I take it on ocassion, but it so addictive that I wanted to try something I can take a little more often. I don't know. I was so out of it from the Tramadol yesterday, although it did help the pain, somewhat. Next time I am going to try half (50mg). I remember being on Tramadol for quite awhile a few years ago and it not affecting me like that. I think it was because I took 50 mg. for a long time first. Another Dr. told me that was the dosage (which it isnt, if you want pain relief).
    Have you ever tried taping 2 racketballs together, side by side, and then lying down on the floor and putting your head on them? I found that to be helpful when my neck would kill me in the back part.
    I think the trigger point injections helped a little. There was a nagging pain in my right shoulder blade that seems to be better right now. But its almost like I cancel out any good thing I do, when I work a full day, subbing, on my feet. I go back on Tues. for more. Oh goodie. heh

Last edited by SKZ; 09-15-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typo

Old 09-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

By the way, I have that same pain too. It is the bane of my existence and has been since 2002. The C5-C7 fusion didnt help it. I think mine is C4-C5, as far as that pain goes. (had an MRI again).

Last edited by Administrator; 02-22-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User

im goin for another mri on tuesday, so we will see whats up then for me.....

Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
    Backinthesaddle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

I guess I must have the highest tollerance for all meds....Lyrica doesn't bother me and I take lots of Tramadol and it doesn't bother me. I actually am currenlty taking the Ultram er 200's topped off with another 100-200 regular tramdol. I sometimes take hydrocodone or percs in lieu of 100 tramadol's. What I do love about this medicine is that it is the only one I have run into that is for nerve related pain. It also works on the seratonin receptors which is why some feel a high from it. It is like taking a anti depressant too since it works on the levels of your seratonin. For most of us that is a good thing. NO it does not take all the pain away but does anything? I was thinking this morning that I may ask my pain doctor for something stronger for the times this is just not enough. Also tramadol being a synthetic is not habit forming.

That is my side of this and I have pretty good radicular pain with myelopathy in both arms and hands and tons of neck pain....

Old 09-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
    julyg
    Veteran
    (female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User

Hey Ron Let us know what dr, says about our mutual pain site. Saw your other post and you must be in hell today, sorry and I really do feel for you.

July

Closed Thread