It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Please share experiences with cortisone injections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    Please share experiences with cortisone injections

rehab. doc did cortisone injection today into muscle, very painful, went into muscle between shoulder & chest, I swear not 10 minutes after I had pain going from my lower rib cage around to back, hurts like heck to breathe, never had that before, the one area that was not hurting. This doc is so going to try another area next week if I do not get relief, how fast do you get relief if it works, & is pain in another area normal after this injection, this doctors scares me but can't get into another right away, this is the second visit he raised his voice at me, don't know what to do, I will see if the injection gives me relief by morning, but where is the other pain coming from? Any of you have experiances with cortisone injections? Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
    Re: Please share experiances with cortisone injections

Sammy,

Pain surrouding the injection sites is not abnormal. They do stick that needle deep into the muscle and it has been my experience from the steroid injections I had in my wrist that it did cause me a bunch of exagerated pain for a few days afterward. Did he call it a steroid injection or triggerpoint or do you know? You may want to call and request his notes be mailed to you or that you may want to pick them up.
    They are sticking a needle into an already hurting area so pain can be expected.
    I to would like to knwo how long untill you should feel relief from the injections because I had 4 triggerpoints yesterday and I really do not feel any different. I do not feel the pins and needles thing in my neck today but that is a symptom that comes and goes anyway so how an I really to know that it has helped. The PM said that he did put a little bit of steroid into the triggerpoint injections.

Who the heck knows anymore!!! I guess that we just wait and see....
    Chrissy

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #3
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks chrissy, hope something works for you. Sammy

Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Sammy,

How are you doing? Have you had any luck with the GP or Insurance??
    I hope your OK.
    Let me know.

I am just hanging in. Today at school I just all of a sudden got in a bunch of pain while sitting there. It was awfull. I had to actually get up during the lecture and go to the rest room to re--group.
    I came home and used a heating pad for a while and then felt better.
    I just came in from a late walk because I know it is going to possibly snow here and I wanted to walk before I get stuck inside because of the percipitation.
    My arms feel really weak, must be because I just came in from the walk. WEIRD!!
    Anyway how do you think the injection has helped?
    Chrissy

Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Chrissy, I can't believe you said that bad word, snow. yuck! I hope we don't get any for a long time. I replied on other post, but for the heck of it, the injection did make a differance, it just is not lasting, since this is all new to me not sure what to think. I will go into GP's office today.As for as the insurance goes these docs. do not like to deal with them, that I know. So who knows what the future holds regaurding tests. If this continues on then sooner or later they will have to do more testing. Heard to many stories of people having tests done & nothing showing up & then same test being repeated at a later date & there it is. I just want something to work, I hope I can get into a good doc. & these injections help me out. I am willing to try. Sammy

Closed Thread