It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• electrical shocks in head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
    jeanniebug
    (female)

jeanniebug HB User
    electrical shocks in head

OK - this is scaring me! I had cervical fusion with plates, screws at c4/c5 and c5/c6 2 years ago. I'm definitely better now than I was then, but am beginning to have pain again. I've also recently been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia, so I'm not sure if that's contributing to these weird sensations I'm feeling.

I can be just sitting here at the computer and all of a sudden, I get these "zaps" of what feels like electricity shooting through my head. This has been happening for about a week now (on and off). They just last a second, but sometimes I'll get 3 or 4 in a row. It just happened again right now. Sometimes it's on the top of my head, sometimes up the back, or left or right side. I have no idea what this could be! Has anyone had this happen?

Please write if you have any clue what this is.

I have an MRI of my brain scheduled for Oct. 31 to rule out MS. I had an MRI 6 months ago and they did see a few white spots that they said were non-specific - so they just want to see if there are any changes.

Thanks,

Jeannie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User
    Re: electrical shocks in head

Hi Jeannie, Sorry to hear your having problems now after your fusion 2 yrs ago. It is good to have the MRI to see what is going on. Just wanted to say that I get those weird feelings in my head, and they are hard to explain. I haven't had any operations but do have bad discs in my neck. I get a very strange headache, almost like a freeze effect at the base of my skull, and a very tight squeezy feeling in the neck area. I attribute these feelings to my bad disc's, but not sure what could be causing yours. Hopefully the MRI will help to determine what is happening. I wondered if it had to do with any of that hardware in your neck? Let me know what you find out, I am curious. Hope it all turns out well and hope it isn't anything serious for you.

Take care,
    Judy

Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #3
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

Hi there, I'm sorry about your pain. I too have not had surgery yet but I do get the same feeling in my head. It happens a lot if I move the wrong way... I think maybe it is due to the spinal cord being compressed. Good Idea to have an MRI I would have it of my neck again as wel, maybe there is another disc in need of help.

Good Luck

Old 10-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
    RJS301
    (male)

RJS301 HB User

I agree with the others. I haven't had surgery yet, but I do get the "electrical shocks" at the top and back of my head. It doesn't really hurt, just freaky. Another MRI couldn't hurt. Maybe another bad disc? Good luck.
    Ray

Closed Thread