It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• cervical spine problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
    dfskms
    (female)

dfskms HB User
    cervical spine problems

I have recently had an MRI which states:
    C3-C4, a disk protrusion is present. This is central and slightly eccentric to the right. This causes moderate effacement of the anterior thecal sac, but does not compress the spinal cord. This extends into the right lateral recess and inferior right neural foramen. This may be impinging the ventral root of C4 on the right.
    C4-C5, mild posterior osteophytes are present. A moderate disk bulge is present. The compbination of the posterior osteophytes and disk bulge cause complete effacement of the anteriorthecal sac, but no cord compression.
    C5-C6, moderate central disk protrusion is present. This causes complete effacement of the anterior thecal sac, but no cord compression. There are also mild posterior osteophytes at the posterior endplates and uncinate spurs. This is causing mild left neural foraminal narrowing.
    Please help decipher. Just has L4-L5,S1 spinal fusion.
    Also have arm and elbow issues on left which MRI states:
    Distal triceps tendon is wavy and undulating at the attachment and proximal to the attachment. This suggests that there may be a tear more proximally in the triceps tendon or triceps muscle. The distal tendon is not torn at the attachment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: cervical spine problems

Your findings sound similar to what many of us here have. The best thing you can do is talk to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic spine surgeon to have them analyze the findings along with your symptoms. The MRI findings are important but more important is how they correlate to your symptoms.

Closed Thread