It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 1.5 hemangioma at T6, smaller one at T3

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
    patience228a
    (female)

patience228a HB User
    1.5 hemangioma at T6, smaller one at T3

Recently went back to orthopedic doctor because I'm experiencing sharp stinging burning sensations in my left area of my back, a little above where my floating rib lies. Also I'm having slight weakness on my left side.The orthopedic doc said my pain has nothing to do with the hemangiomas I have, said I should see a neurologist.
    I do have a small single lung nodule less than 1cm that they are following, but they say nothing that small can create symptoms.
    Help! I'm not going crazy, these are real symptoms.
    Bone scan neg, colonoscopy neg, cat scan of abdomen pelvis neg,
    cat scan of thoracic spine picked up hemangiomas, and repeat cat scan of my lung showed a 3mm growth of the lung nodule since last March. It was 6mm, now 9mm. Will see a pulmonologist this week to see what significance the growth has on anything. I'm a non smoker, no risk factors for lung cancer.
    Any ideas about pain management or what this could be? The doc mentioned beginning stages of MS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: 1.5 hemangioma at T6, smaller one at T3

honestly?you need to be seeing a neurosurgeon who is actually familiar with the charachteristics of these little SOBs.i too was told by two seperate neurosurgeons who obviously did not really undertand just what these little nasties are capable of that there is no way this cavernoma inside my cord could be causing my pain and just insane types of sensations and this pressure sensation under my right shoulder blade.they were both very wrong.these CAN abnd DO cause all kinds of pain and weirdness.i mean geez,this IS IN your actual spinal cord ya know?when i saw the head of neurosurgey at the U of MN,wow the very first thing he told me was that my pain WAS indeed stemming from the cavermona.god what a relief just to hear that someone actually believed me.he had a real,very extensive knoweldge and experience with these things that the other two NSs just didn't.that was pretty obvious once he started explaining my situation.

are your hemangiomas actually IN your cord?how are they actually described in your MRI report?any mention of hemosiderin or hemosiderin staining?just let me know what that report actually states about the particular hemangiomas,K?but you DO most definitely need the expertise of a knowledgable neurosurgeon,not an ortho for these particular types of lesions.espescially if they ARE in your cord not just the outside.

i just reread your post and saw that you have not actually even had an MRI yet at all on this area?wow,you DO need one,with contrast just to better define what these are more clearly.i am actually a bit shocked that your ortho never actually ordered you one.this really kind of confirms the fact that he really doesn't understand these at all.a neurosurgeon is definitely what you need,along WITH an actual MRI done on the T spine.have they actually checked out your whole spinal column at all for anymore?if nothing else,have your primary doc actually refer you for that MRI(you will have to have one done anyway before you can see the neuro).this should have realistically been done right after they were found.your ortho actually kind of scares me here ya know?let me know what the CT report states about the hemangiomas.this should be interesting.marcia

Closed Thread