It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Bad muscle(?) pain in shoulder following ACDF

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
    Rob1962inFla
    (male)

Rob1962inFla HB User
    Bad muscle(?) pain in shoulder following ACDF

First post. Seems to be a lot of good info here, so I'm hoping I can get some helpful insight.

June 23 '07 I had a head/neck injury. Had the ACDF c5-6, c6-7 Thursday August 9. Following Monday I was back at work, feeling pretty decent. October 7 I made a 7.5 hour drive home and the following day my left shoulder felt as if it had been strained. I thought it might go away, but now almost 6 weeks later it's actually getting worse. Sometimes when I lift my arm there is a sharp cramping pain in the center top of my shoulder, and I can't move my arm any farther. It just kind of goes dead.

I'm wondering if this is possibly related to my surgery and injury? This particular pain wasn't there pre-op, and didn't show up until a month after surgery. It's to the point where I need to get it looked at, but am not sure of the likely origin. Has anyone else experienced this sort of situation? Anything to offer? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Right shoulder, right chest, upper arm and abdomen muscle pain (right side of body) reynoldsdrew Open to All Other Health Topics 1 12-13-2008 12:02 AM
    FM without tender points? Chronic muscle pain... nevergiveup1129 Fibromyalgia 5 11-27-2008 12:51 AM
    Celebrex bad reaction left me with severe muscle pain stephaneberhard Arthritis 0 09-02-2008 04:23 AM
    Update On Atenolol/Muscle Pain jdchablis High & Low Blood Pressure 12 05-22-2007 07:30 PM
    For those with lingering muscle pain... midwest1 Thyroid Disorders 32 01-25-2007 12:55 AM
    Hashi's and muscle pain ? coolbunny Thyroid Disorders 13 11-12-2005 10:02 AM
    On Lipitor and experiencing leg, arm, and shoulder muscle pain clerky96 High Cholesterol 3 04-25-2005 04:46 PM
    Statins-Muscle Pain That Stays crazymomof4 High Cholesterol 9 09-11-2004 04:48 AM