It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• disc bulge

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
    joann3
    (female)

joann3 HB User
    disc bulge

can you please explain what these meansc c3-4 bilateral carvical spondylosis with central disc bulging mild uncinate hypertrophy c5-6 lefttsided disc bulge/osteophyte complex with superimposed protrusion and uncinate hyperthropy moderat narrowing of left neural foramen cause minmal impression on left ventral aspect of thecal sac right foramen is patent

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: disc bulge

You have some degenerative arthritis in your cervical spine. One of your discs is bulging inward toward the spinal cord, but not touching it (only the fluid and sac that surrounds it), the area where your nerves leave the spinal cord (foramen) is narrowed) at a spot, and you have osteophytes and hypertrophy (arthritic bone growth) at multiple levels. Nothing horribly serious, but all this is probably causing you some symptoms?

The disc bulge could have been there for a while from a simple injury or just aging. The spine sometimes works to "shore" itself up and starts building extra bone and stuff. Or this could be normal aging process depending on your age.

Closed Thread