It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• My new ZERO GRAVITY recliners

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    My new ZERO GRAVITY recliners

Hiya folks,
    I just wanted to share something that I know will help so many of you here. I have posted a question or 2 in the past about ZERO GRAVITY recliners. No one knew too much about them. I went 2 times to a back store and tried a few out. OH MY GOD! It was such heaven, that I had to have one. (turns out my husband had to have one, too!). Instead of buying thru that back store, we ordered them thru the internet. We had ain issue where it was supposed to be delivered on Nov. 6th and then it turned out the ivory leather was on back order from Japan and no one could be bothered to notify us. I WAS SO BUMMED! Here i thought i was about to have comfort any day and for 6 weeks it wasnt even made. So we finaggled a leather upgrade and to another color, which is 10 x nicer anyway. I got them last week. I cannot express to you the comfort of these chairs. I have neck, upper back and lower back problems. I was pretty cripped this weekend from moving alot of furniture when these recliners showed up. When I sat in these chairs....NO PAIN WHATSOEVER!!!! Of course when I got up the pain came back, but its heavenly to be able to finally watch TV in my family room, in comfort. Previously we had 2 Lazy Boys. Those things really killed me and made my symptoms worse. I finally gave up on them. So, please reseach ZERO-GRAVITY (use the hypen) recliners and see what you think. They made several brands. I only tried 2 brands.....the back store's own brand and the one I bought called THE PERFECT CHAIR. I did a ridiculous amount of research and read a ton of reviews on the different chairs. I just wanted to share with you people that are in so much pain when they sit and watch TV.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
    julyg
    Veteran
    (female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
    Re: My new ZERO GRAVITY recliners

Glad you finally got them! I got my Osaka chairs (and yes husband had to have 1 as well) and cannot believe the difference! We ordered online as well with a company out of texas and we got exactly what we ordered at close to half the price of local store.

Sorry you had to give up teaching. I am sure that was disappointing.

How is C4 doing? I know you were having problems.

I know I will never be back to myself presurgery. I go soon for my final visit with NS. Still not 100% sure both levels are totally fused. I am just over 1 yr post surgery.

How is your range om motion? Mine is limited despite all P/T.

July

Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

HI July!
    Well, i got REAL sick for all of Oct. and some of Nov. with a nightmare sinus infection. I was on a lot of steroids and I believe this helped my neck situation (at least for now). I had torqued my neck in May when I went to NYC (the cabs, the walking, the lifting of luggage...) and it took till Oct. for that set back to get better. (the C4-C5 issue). I HAD been on steroids in July for it, but it only minimally helped. So I am doing pretty decent at the moment. I think not standing all day helps alot.
    How's the voice doing??

Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
    julyg
    Veteran
    (female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User

The voice is an issue I hope no one else ever has to go through. What a struggle. I still do my vocal exercises every day. Each night I come home with very bad pain on right side where vocal cord was paralyzed during surgery. Its voice strain from use, but i have to work.

I used to do voice overs for commercials and thats history! I am a sales mgr and do phone and face to face presentations and its tough. People have no idea how bad this is as they cannot see the pain but when I get home I do very little speaking. I relish my days off so I do not have to speak. So different from the chatterbox I used to be. If you had never known me prior to surgery you would think my voice is OK (i sound old now). If you knew me before, voice change is dramatic.

My Mom lives real close by and I see her all the time. She insists on calling to me from another room expecting a reply( shouting back to her) She is handicapped and has to call to me when I am cooking for her etc. But I cant
    call out! Frustrating.

My husband and i had gone out shopping at an outdoor bazaar and we got seperated at the market. I became surrounded by large stray dogs (i love dogs, have 2) that were growling and looked pretty fearsome.
    I suddenly realized I was in a predicament because I could not call out for help. Luckily nothing happened.

Has your Dr told you if you are totally fused yet? Cant wait to get a straight answer. I have been so careful about not doing anything to re-injure myself. I want to run and I want to go boating and hiking , but I have been waiting for the all clear "100 % FUSION." I see all my drs in a couple of wks.

Enough of me!

Sorry you had to deal with all the sinus issues, haven't you suffered enough already? Those steroids probably did you a world of good. Glad to hear you are doing much better.

So what are you doing with your free time as you are not teaching? I know you are probably living it up in your jacuzzi I know your not going to be snowboarding with your neck!

July

Last edited by julyg; 11-27-2007 at 06:57 PM.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User

I am so sorry you still have the voice issue to deal with. You and me both with the double whammys.
    I go for my 1 yr. appt in Dec. (even though it will only be 11 months). I will know for sure about the fusion status then.
    Sometimes I do way too much...like move furniture the other night....and regret it later. I kind of never learn. But for the most part, I am very careful. I have a lot of Xmas parties coming up. It will be interesting to see how I do with those.....lots of standing.

Closed Thread