It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• New Problems With Cervical Spine!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
    mcda
    Inactive
    (female)

mcda HB User
    New Problems With Cervical Spine!

Hello, everyone...I have lower lumbar spine abnormalities and am now experiencing new symptoms that may be caused from my cervical spine. I have pain and numbness in both arms from the elbow down to the tips of my fingers. I also have severe upper cervical spine pain and numbness. Now, whenever I try to turn my head from side to side, it makes a tearing/popping noise. I also am beginning to have severe headaches, since the severe neck pain has begun. I have had x-rays performed on my cervical spine but have not received the results, yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers? Thank you, in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: New Problems With Cervical Spine!

Hello! Well that popping sound in your neck may not mean anything other than a normal buildup of gasses (or could be caused by some movement in there, or pressure). Lot's of us have it even after corrective surgeries. Your symptoms do sound like cervical issues, X-ray is a start, but to see it all you need a MRI. The xray will show bone and arthritis and aligment but won't be able to show the soft tissue elements of your spinal canal. While you wait for results and next steps take it easy, ibuprofen, heat/ice.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
    mcda
    Inactive
    (female)

mcda HB User
    Re: New Problems With Cervical Spine!

My symptoms have gotten more severe, since my last post...I am now suffering from severe neck pain, extremely high blood pressure (due to the severe pain), and also severe migraines (due to the severe muscle spasms). The doctor that read my (2) x-rays said that he could see severe muscle spasms and has ordered another (2) x-rays, which were chest x-rays. My question is why do you all think that he ordered (2) chest x-rays? Would this show different views of my cervical spine? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread