It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Straightening of the cervical spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
    susu2007
    (female)

susu2007 HB User
    Straightening of the cervical spine

I have been diagnosed with this condition. Does anyone on this board suffer from this condition? Can you please tell me what your doctor recommended? Any additional information would be great.

I have not yet see my doctor (I have an appointment next week). The diagnosis is on the basis of the radiologist's report after a cervical and lumbar x-ray.

Thanks a lot!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
    Lilacs&Lillies
    (female)

Lilacs&Lillies HB User
    Re: Straightening of the cervical spine

X-rays after a roll-over accident showed straightening of the cervical spine. My doc said loss of the normal curvature is classic sign of a whiplash injury/ muscle spasms, etc. Muscle relaxants and NSAIDS helped a great deal. Don't know if you've suffered a recent strain or trauma to your neck or something else entirely. Good luck at your appt. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Lilacs&Lillies; 01-19-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
    susu2007
    (female)

susu2007 HB User

Thanks for the reply.

The strange thing is that I have not suffered any trauma to the neck of any sort. I have been under a lot of emotional stress lately and I don't know whether that caused the muscle spasm which in turn caused the straightening of the cervical spine or was it the latter that caused the muscle spasm.

I don't have any pain in the neck. My only symptoms have been a sense of disequilibrium and constant tension headaches which led me to have my neck x-rayed.

I was wondering how this condition is treated. If the muscle spasm goes away (I am thinking of massage sessions), will the neck recover its natural curve? If not, how is straightening corrected?

Thanks so much,..

Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User

hi susu, it doesn't take trauma to have problems with your spine. The xray can only see part of the picture, if these symptoms are constant and serious, then you should talk to your doctor about getting an MRI of your cervical spine. Muscle spasm can be caused by tension.

Closed Thread