It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• fentlyn patches what are the side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
    bertee2007
    (female)

bertee2007 HB User
    fentlyn patches what are the side effects

My doctor is wanting me to go on the pain patch, what are the side affects, do they really work, and can you work and drive with these on. I dont like meds, but I cant keep dealing with the pain either, if anyone has any information please let me know I have had one fusion in my neck and now I have two more above it and it is affecting my nerves but I dont want to go through another surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
    ladybumblebee
    (female)

ladybumblebee HB User
    Re: fentlyn patches what are the side effects

Hi,

I've just gone onto Fentanyl in the last week and at the minute I'm off sick as I can't drive whilst using it as it's made me very drowsy. I've got c-spine issues and am trying to avoid more surgery if possible.

As the week has gone on it's gotten better and I feel much less drowsy and I'm sure in a week or 2 I'll be back at work driving around no problem.

I do a lot of driving for work and did check with my PM consultant it would get to a stage where I could drive on it and I'm confident now it will.

My advice would be to get it. It's a relief to not be in agony 24/7. I was ay a 10 and really struggling but would say I've gotten to a 5 most of the time up to a max of an 8 and I could kiss my PM consultant. In fact I think when I se him next week I will!!!

Give it a go - there's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

LBB

Last edited by ladybumblebee; 02-20-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
    NYFUSED
    Veteran
    (female)

NYFUSED HB User
    Re: fentlyn patches what are the side effects

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I have been on fentlyn patches for about 4 years. At first at 25 mcg, I felt a bit tired and I didn't drive until I was sure I was able. Also, eyeryone is different so I would wait it out and see how you react to the patches prior to getting behind the wheel. I am currently taking 50 mcg every 48 hours and w/o them I would have already jumped off a bridge. They have given me some of my life back ( 3 c-spine surgeries and 1 lumbar spine)
    Good luck

Closed Thread